So as you all know—or don’t know—I’ve been recovering from toxic mold exposure. Never actually discovered stachybotrys, but I’m pretty sure it was there, considering the symptoms, and if it wasn’t, I was exposed to something like it or as nasty, like aspergillus. You see, all molds that produce toxins tend to have a bad effect on the immune system and the human body. It’s weird like that.
So, this spot-on documentary I purchased for a reasonable price exclusively through www.blackmoldexposure.com (but you can get it on Amazon too now), directed and produced by (and starring) Michael Roland Williams, was made in 2009 about the scourge of mold, and it has way more impact with each and every year that people continue to suffer from this hidden threat. You should definitely check it out and get a copy for all of your family members, because it is entertaining and extremely informative, and it could save you and your loved ones from a long and unnecessary struggle with chronic illness. Your takeaway will be a better understanding of how your environment can affect you mentally and physically, and hopefully it will encourage you to examine your surroundings for mold and other possible threats to your health.
So the news here is that there will be a (hopefully) daily blog on the website, which you can access here:
We will be talking about all things mold and health in the news and in the past. We will try to keep it interesting for you!
To good health!
Hello, and a happy Wednesday to you all! I am going to go into some research that I’ve discovered in my travels about mold. I am by no means an expert and have absolutely no medical training, so you’ll have to look at the facts yourself and determine what advice to take. I am but a fellow survivor trying to share some of the things that have worked for many others, both in understanding and actual practice.
So, I know that anyone exposed to toxic black mold (or other mold) has tried all kinds of things to rid themselves of the symptoms and discomfort from the scourge of their illness, but something you may not have considered watching out for is mold found in food. It turns out that the mold and mold toxins in the world’s food supply are way off the charts. See this CDC blurb about aflatoxin.
They do say that commercial crops in places like the U.S. are being routinely screened, but the information above implies that all crops are susceptible. The ones that are being treated with fungicides are probably also being treated with a slew of other -cides like the herbicide Round Up. Dr. Mercola provides the latest info on how bad this stuff is right here.
There is plenty of research on the subject of mold found in our food supply, and I can perhaps go into more another day, but we are looking at the fact that they exist and how we can avoid them. The following is based on experiences people have related about moldy foods and solutions that have worked in their recovery.
Before I give you a list of potential things you might want to look out for, let me first give respect to those that have assisted me most by providing the most thorough article I can find about molds and origins of molds in specific foods:
This list is very intensive and has been very helpful to me. It is an adapted diet from Dr. Vincent Marinkovich. My recommendation is that you don’t get too wrapped up in following every specific restriction mentioned here. I personally am not sure where they came up with the avoidance of eggs as a precautionary measure—except that egg proteins (especially egg whites) tend to be the most inflammatory when someone is dealing with Leaky Gut Syndrome. I can go into that another day.
But the point is, try out things that work; take things out a one to a few at a time and see if you feel better when you’re not eating them. If you’re dealing with mold poisoning, your body should tell you if you’re eating something that’s affecting you, usually in the form of:
- heart palpitations or acceleration
- sudden “brain fog”
- cold appendages (feet, hands, fingers, toes)
- visual disturbances (see Dr. Shoemaker’s VCS test)
- muscle aches
- joint aches
- digestive disturbances (acid reflux or diarrhea)
…just to name a few. Now, don’t quote me on this, but I have heard from some nutritionists and naturopaths that you can determine a food sensitivity by the presence of heart rate disturbance 20-30 seconds after you have eaten a food you’re allergic to or that your body is allowing to pass through the epithelial lining of your gut (as it happens according to the leaky gut theory).
So let me distill this down to the foods that have been most helpful for me to avoid:
- Coffee (unless sourced properly)
- Leftovers (if you must, have them within 24 hours)
- Dried fruits (especially raisins)
- Grains (except white rice and maybe quinoa), especially bread
- Corn (especially dried)
- Any kind of flour (dried grains)
- Other nuts (most not as bad as peanuts)
- Dried spices (especially if kept above your cabinet)
- Fermented foods
- Most vinegars (apple cider vinegar may not be as bad)
- Cured meats
- Alcohol (beer especially)
- Anything with refined sugar or excess fructose, period.
I know, it’s pretty daunting, right? Well, here’s the good news. I have found that these are generally the foods that are quite addictive, and removing them has made me not only feel better but lose excess weight and gain lots of energy and strength! It’s quite an interesting phenomenon. I can address each one of these over the next couple of days. Some of them are intuitive as to why they should be avoided if you are sensitive to mold. Some you may not know about.
As always, please take everything under medical advisement and don’t take my words as truth. This is just based on the research I’ve done and the experiences I’ve had, and I have no medical training.
Have a wonderful and healthful day!